Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I am the Moon with No Light of My Own...

One of my favorite songs is by Sara Groves called, "You are the Sun." Paul took these amazing pictures of the moon last night in our backyard. It was the brightest moon I've seen in a long time. As I look at these pictures, Sara Grove's song comes to mind.
Lyrics to You Are The Sun :
You are the sun shining down on everyone
Light of the world giving light to everything I see
Beauty so brilliant I can hardly take it in
And everywhere you are is warmth and light

And I am the moon with no light of my own
Still you have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold dark night
I know I cannot be a light unless I turn my face to you

You are the sun shining down on everyone
Light of the world giving light to everything I see
Beauty so brilliant I can hardly take it in
And everywhere you are is warmth and light

And I am the moon with no light of my own
Still you have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold dark night
I know I cannot be a light unless I turn my face to you

Shine on me with your light
Without you I'm a cold dark stone
Shine on me I have no light of my own
You are the sun, you are the sun, you are the sun
And I am the moon



1 comment:

Life After Graduate School said...

Wow I can't believe Paul took those pictures from his own digital camera! Great photography! I like the song too. :)