Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hike at Dismal Canyons

Yesterday my hubby and I went to Dismal Canyons which wasn't that bad of a drive for us. It was cool beautiful weather and we went during the "golden" time of day when the sun hits everything so pretty and it casts that beautiful golden hue on everything. By the way, that is my favorite time of day (end of afternoon beginning of evening). This place had so many waterfalls and streams and bridges! The only thing I missed was the trees weren't at their peak in color...they are pretty much still green or have brown dead leaves. I heard that in this part of the country if you don't get a lot of rain before Fall, the leaves won't change color that much...however, if you get a bunch of rain they will be the most vibrant of all colors! This year we had almost a drought...it was dry as a bone! I have a feeling I will be missing my beautiful Fall foliage. :( Here are some picture of our little trip to Dismal Canyons. By the way, we took Bunni with us! She had a blast!




























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post....and what gorgeous pictures! I really enjoyed starting my day by seeing pictures of your latest "simple adventure":)! This made my day!
Love you guys,
gb