Monday, July 11, 2011

You Left Us Too Soon, Grandpa...





Today my very dearest grandpa in the world passed away. He was a man who truly loved Jesus. He taught us the value of hard work. He taught us how to love Jesus. He was a humble man...maybe he didn't have the money, power and prestige that this world thinks so highly of...he lived a very simple life. He loved his family and his sole purpose in life was loving Jesus and shining forth Jesus' love...it was Jesus who simply took over Grandpa's life...during the years of knowing grandpa he seemed to blossom in the end...the last time I saw grandpa he had such a glowing look on his face...radiated Christ's love. I think he was ready to go home with his Savior and to be with grandma. But I just wish I could have given him one more hug, one more kiss on his cheek and tell him one more time "I love you!" I wish I could have been with him in person...at least I got to talk with him briefly this morning before he died...I can't remember the conversation but I had told him I was looking forward to coming down to see him. I was hoping to leave Wednesday. However, Jesus had other plans...He wanted grandpa home with Him.

1 comment:

WinD said...

I am so sorry Liz. My prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if I can do anything. I know I am far away, but let me know.