Monday, June 29, 2009

Part 2 of Trip: Colorado

On the Deluge Lake Trail in Vail. I loved how the fog was coming off the river and how the sun was shining on the Aspen Trees early in the morning. God is awesome and when I'm out in nature I just stand in awe of Him for how great He is!!!!
Wild blue Mountain Irises were everywhere!

On the Deluge Lake Trail...this little stream was running down the hill right next to the trail...the water was freezing cold.


The gorgeous Aspen Trees...they were everywhere in Vail! These are my all-time favorite trees!



We hiked the Deluge Lake Trail. The hiking trails in Vail were so lush green with more Aspen Trees than I have ever seen before...I also loved all the wildflowers that were there!




Paul's and my sister, BJ, gave us a weeks vacation in a condo in gorgeous Vail, CO! Vail has got to be one of the most beautiful towns I have ever been to. Thank you, BJ for this sweet gift you gave Paul and me!!!





We went to Leadville and ate at the legendary Golden Burro. I had no idea it receives National Recognition and it's been on the Food Network before!






We saw so many Prairie Dog holes all around the Arkansas River near Leadville...Paul zoomed in a lot on this little Prairie Dog...he popped out of his hole and looked surprized as Paul took his picture. :)







The headwaters of the Arkansas River. Just outside of Leadville.








This picture was taken on our way to Leadville, CO. We went to the headwaters of the Arkansas River and these mountains were in the background...the two tallest mountains in Colorado: Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive.









Hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park










My precious hubby at Rocky Mountain National Park











Downtown Denver was beautiful!












2 comments:

Life After Graduate School said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! I also love the first one with the fog coming in. Love ya!

Becca said...

Loved the pics, Liz! Did you know that we lived near Vail until we moved to MN (3rd grade for me)? Erin was born at the Vail hospital, and I spent many winter days on those ski slopes. Until a few years ago, I still had an uncle living in Vail, so we've spent a lot of quality time there. Your pictures surely jogged my memory!