Monday, April 5, 2010

Meeting in the Middle (South Pittsburg)

Last Saturday, Paul and I drove half-way to South Pittsburg to meet my mom, sister, and some dear friends we grew up with. Our friends came over to visit my mom and sister for Easter weekend and Paul and I were very blessed to be able to have a Saturday to see them as well. Also, we celebrated my mom's birthday (which was April 2nd) and I brought her some colorful cupcakes because Granny always used to make "Spring" cakes for her's and Uncle Tim's birthdays and I wanted to carry on the tradition (I wish I could have made Uncle Tim some, too, since his birthday was on the 4th...but he lives so far away now). I thought I had a taken a picture of us together with the cupcakes, but it wasn't on my camera (it was on my mom's.) I didn't know that Marcia's birthday was around the same time, too...so we got to wish her a happy birthday, as well.
South Pittsburg was a quaint little town. We ate the cupcakes around a little fountain downtown. I must say the fountain was pretty pitiful...but we did take some good pictures by the green bushes and beautiful white Bradford Pear Trees. Oh! And I didn't know this but South Pittsburg is also the hometown of the Lodge Cast Iron Skillets. Lori, Rebecca and I all got us a medium/large cast iron skillet. :) It was a remarkable price around eleven dollars! That is a good deal.
To end the day, we traveled up Lookout Mountain and got to see the North Carolina mountain range in the far background and downtown Chattanooga. It was a gorgeous overlook! We had such a lovely day!!! Here are some pictures we took....they are all out of order, but hope you enjoy:


Paul standing at the lookout point.
Marcia and Lori
at the lookout point
Rebecca, me, Lori...we are missing Sara and Anna!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a truly delightful day! Thank you so much, Liz, for making my birthday so special! And I loved your colorful and delicious cupcakes, as well.
I love you so much,
mom

Unknown said...

How fun! Just saw your post, Liz! It was SO good to see you and meet Paul! You are such a precious couple! : ) Thanks for making the trip to meet us!
-Lori