Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SAW'S BBQ...from what we "saw" it's the best!!!!

I am a true Texan...born and raised with the best Barbecue there is. Seriously, Texas BBQ is just known for being the best, right? Since Texas does have all those cattle ranches and it's known for all the longhorns. Wrong! Well, ever since I have eaten at Saw's, which is in Homewood (Birmingham suburb), every BBQ I have ever tasted in my life just tastes dull!!! Saw's BBQ was in the Southern Living Magazine's December issue (or maybe January...I can't remember which one)...and it's known for it's famous Saw's Sauce. It's all about the sauce and from what I've seen in the ingredients it's also safe for me to eat with no gluten. They cook their meat for a full 24 hours in an aged smoke pit and it literally melts in your mouth...it's not chewy or overly done. It's perfect! All I can say is that if we do visit Texas again one day, Paul and I will definitely bring our Saw's Sauce with us to put on any BBQ we eat there.







2 comments:

WinD said...

You should try the BBQ we make. It has won a few cook-off awards over the years. Well, you had it at P and A's wedding rehearsal dinner. That was a long time ago. The years go by so fast.

Anonymous said...

I love the look on ya'll's faces! I remember DWin's barbeque. If this is as good as that, I can't wait to eat out with you guys!! In fact, I'll treat:)! It must be just delecious!
Love you,
gb